The programme focuses on governance and leadership innovation in the area of Nature-based Solutions for improved urban environments. It is provided by the International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) and Lund University School of Economics and Management (LUSEM) in collaboration with LUCE, the Department for Commissioned Education at Lund University.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The programme will focus on governance and leadership innovation in the area of Nature-based Solutions for improved urban environments.
The programme consists of:
- Course preparatory tasks online (September-19 October 2022)
- A 2-day workshop online (20-21 October 2022)
- A series of online educational modules and work on course project (November 2022-April 2023)
- A 7-day module in Lund, Sweden (preliminary dates: 18-26 May 2023)
- Finalisation task in home country; finalisation of course project and reporting (May-June 2023)
You can find more information about the content and set-up of the programme here.
You are encouraged to apply if you
- are involved in the governance of built infrastructure and systems that relate to natural resources and;
- are a mid-to-upper-level manager in larger city administrations in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova or Ukraine, or are working in civil society, academia or in a multilateral organisation in these countries
- work closely with management and/or governance activities or issues that are directly relevant to urban and peri-urban natural resources
- are mid-career (e.g. typically 35-50 years of age)
- have a good command of the English language
Women are encouraged to apply to the programme since we strive to obtain an equal gender distribution.
Successful candidates will be notified in July/August 2022.
Application period: 13 May – 17 June 2022
The application consists of several steps:
1. To apply, click “Register” below and fill out the application
2. Do not forget to include the following documents: CV, Letter of Recommendation, and Motivation letter. Please, attach all three files to the application in pdf format.
Your CV should include relevant professional experience, as well as your educational background/experience.
In the Letter of Recommendation from your employer, we ask you to provide us with a document written by a reference person where she/he briefly states the reason for endorsing you as an applicant.
In the Motivation letter, we ask you to motivate why your participation in the programme is relevant and important to your personal development, and for governance activities in your region.
4. When you have filled in the information (do not forget to attach all application documents), click “Next”
5. You will then come to a page where you can double-check your information. If you wish to change something, click the “Change” button. If your information is correct, then submit your application by clicking “Confirm”
6. After you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If you cannot find it in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
If you have any questions about the programme or the application process, please contact Lund University at NBSinnovation@education.lu.se